Wednesday, November 10, 2010

CPS #192 xmas joy

I had an absolute ball with the sketch from Card Positioning Systems #192. At first I was rather stumped and so left it for a few days and while sitting at my desk this afternoon it hit me - I turned the sketch on its side and I have done this sort of thing before with the title cut out from the card and I have always thought that it was a great way to embellish a card and create a title at the same time.

and from a slightly different angle ...

It is a great way to use old chipboard letters as a stencil and works particularly well with chunky/block style letters (easier to cut out). Basically the each letter is cut away from the edge of the card and you leave the top of each letter uncut.
I have also used scrap paper that has been lying around in my stash and it is paper from Sei -
Roxbury range. I am not sure where the Joy definition stamp came from.
Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Wow that is clever! And it is pretty cool the way you made it fit the CPS sketch.

Lea L. said...

This is very cool! I love your interpretation of the sketch!! ♥♥♥