Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Birdhouse birthday card

My sister skyped me the other day telling me that the handmade cards box, that my family have, is lacking birthday cards - they are all gone! so could I make a birthday card for her as she is the family representative at my ex brother in laws - fathers' 80th birthday! and if I could do something with birds as he likes birds. What a challenge that was as I didn't think I could do a male card with birds without making it too feminine! anyway I racked by brains and came up with a birdhouse shape card and then once I did a little digging around I found some bird stamps, rubons and paper (here I was telling her that I don't have any bird stuff and I find at least 4 bird stamps that were suitable and a range of papers with birds that I hadn't used!).


and the inside


I based the card on the sketch 037 from Annabelle Stamps blog - I rotated it 90 degrees and added bling.

I have used Paper Inklings 'family collection' reverse dad and grandfather papers and rubons. The title 'happy birthday' and 'from all of us' is from Annabelle Stamps 'Party Animals 1' stamp collection. I received this in the post yesterday and I was so happy with the stamps as they are small (but not too fiddly that they are difficult to handle!) and suitable for cards. They also have lots of words with it and most are individual so you can make up little phrases and since this was
a card from the entire family I was able to stamp 'from all of us'.
I enjoyed making this card and thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Kerry Steger said...

WOW!! I love this shaped card! You have done an amazing job!! Thanks for playing along with AnnaBelle Stamps!!

Andrea said...

This is super cute and a perfect card for a bird lover!
Thanks for sharing it with us this week :)
Andrea

A Consuming Passion said...

Love your card Janet .....I've been a collector of Birdhouses of all kinds for a while! Love this fancy shaped card! Thanks for joining us at AnnaBelle Stamps.

Kylie said...

I'm sooooooooo loving your gorgeous card Janet!
Now this is what you call WOW factor! LOVE, love, love your card!!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Trish and Treasure said...

Absolutely adorable, clever you!