Sunday, June 19, 2011

Just for You Angel

I made this card yesterday morning but never got the chance to put it up on my blog! I made it following the sketch #33 from Cardabilities - these sketches are very easy to use and open to lost of interpretation. I have also used my very first digital stamp .... yes! I am just a little behind the times when it comes to that sort of thing ... call it being a little apprehensive about not actually 'stamping' something but 'printing' something off is a bit hard to swallow. But hey I am open to everything crafting and like food will give anything a go!

and a close up of my caroline angel digital stamp (from Designed 2 Delight)

Now my problem is/was with digital stamps is the following (and if you could offer up any suggestions or solutions that would be appreciated) - I stamp my images with Stazon and colour my images with marvy markers and a blender pen - so naturally I use watercolour paper as my base. I tried printing with watercolour paper and the ink bled when blending. So I tried colouring with coloured pencils - I have done this in the above card - but that also tends to slightly if you look really closely bleed a little bit where the black ink line is - so my question is how does everyone else deal with it - especially those that use a blending pen to colour. I have a normal printer - is it better to use a photo specific printer?
Anyway I don't mind using digital stamps and will definitely give it another go soon ... but I think I will remain making card with 'stamped' images!
I am also submitting this to What's that theme throwdown which is flowers and I have used those cute mini rolled roses from MFT dies and have made them out of felt.
materials - blue cardstock; MM 'Fresh Anthology Sydney' papers; Designed 2 Delight 'caroline angel' digital stamp; Versa magic night sky ink; crayola colouring pencils; chipboard heart; MM trim; Kaisercraft pearls; MFT 'mini rolled roses', Spellbinders 'labels 4', Sizzix 'leaf and stem' dies.
Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Your card is adorable and I love the felt flowers. Thanks for playing What's That Theme Throwdown.

Scrappycath said...

Such a sweet angel!