Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Celebrate today and everyday

I am really happy how this card turned out this afternoon. My main inspiration comes from Top Tip Tuesdays who had a colour challenge this week - blue, green and brown. I think these colours together are quite masculine but I didn't want to make a masculine card so I set the challenge to myself this afternoon to make a more feminine card using these colours. I have used the sketch from Mojo Monday, made it into a birthday card for Party Time Tuedsay and incorporated something from the garden (butterfly and flowers) for Kaboodle Doodles.

a close up of my butterfly landing on the flower.

although the colours are very solid I think the card is very pretty and the blue floral paper from Lily Bee Design gives it that little bit of femininity!
materials - cream cardstock; Lily Bee Design 'this & that' papers, Paper Inklings 'family' papers; Penny Black 'to you' stamps, Annabelle Stamps 'daisy delight' stamps; Stazon timber brown; Marvy pens - blender 0, dark brown 18, aqua grey 51, peacock green 58, sky blue 75; Spellbinders petitie scalloped circles large, Cuttlebug circle dies; brads; Ranger white opal liquid pearls.
thanks for looking and have a great afternoon.

14 comments:

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful color combo and choice of pattern papers. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Kath
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Charlotte Taylor said...

This is a very pretty card. You did a wonderful job with the color combination.

Lisa Minckler said...

Janet,
Your card is fantastic. I can't get over the butterfly..excellent coloring!
Thank you for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our color challenge. It's been a pleasure looking at your talent. :)
Happy stamping...
Lisa xx

Renee Matarese said...

How beautiful! I love butterflies and yours is so pretty in those colors. Love the half flowers too! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays. See you again soon.
~Renee
PTT DT

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful card. You are an awesome crafter! I just came across your blog. I can sure learn alot from you. I am your newest follower. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness...very pretty ~ love the pearl accents :)

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

I have to agree, the Lilly Bee adds just the right touch! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week! Good Luck
Hugs,
Tammy Louise

marilynprestonn said...

This is such a gorgeous card. Do love the half flower and awesome pearl. What a wonderful birthday card. Thank you for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays, we love to have you, come join us again. :)Peggy

Maggie's Crafts said...

Thank you for taking part in a COLOUR challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!

Your creation is stunning!:)

So happy you've joined us!

Maggie
xx

Caroljenks said...

What a beautiful card - I just love that shade of green - gorgeous!

Thanks for playing along with us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our Brown, Blue & Green Challenge this week. Don't forget if you have a tip to share with us too you could win our Top Tipper prize!

Carol x

Karenliz Henderson said...

Beautiful card! The butterflies are very pretty!

Jennifer Scull said...

wow! I really love the colors here. gorgeous!
thanks so much for playing along in the Kaboodle Doodles 'In the Garden' challenge this week! :)

paige said...

Your card is so very pretty! Love the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Judy Rozema said...

I just love your use of the colors! Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week!