Wednesday, October 26, 2011

wish you were here home for christmas

Hi ya all just a quick card I put together while I have time.  It is based on the sketch from Card Positioning Systems and inspired from one of the Hero Arts October challenges - use non-holiday stamps to make holiday cards!  I have used their Hero Arts stamps 'wish you were here' to make a christmas card! 
Now I live in Australia but my family live in NZ and I have looked each christmas season for christmas themed stamps that have christmas quotes that say something along the lines of 'wish we could be together this christmas' or 'wish you were here this christmas' or 'I'll miss you this christmas' ... etc.  I am sure I am not the only person that makes cards and would like to send a card to my family saying something like this!  So in the mean time I sort of put 2 sets of word titles together and mixed and matched to make this card ...

The main stamped image and 'wish you were here' are from Hero Arts while the 'home for christmas' is put together from Stampendous 'holiday home'.  I was pretty pleased with the way it comes out.  I really should invest in a very small alphabet stamp set - I have one but it is not quite small enough for cards and any title like the one above  would take up the bulk of the card!
materials - Bazzill river reed, red devil cardstock, American Crafts wine cardstock; Cosmo Cricket 'mitten weather' papers; Hero Arts 'wish you were here', Stampendous 'holiday home' stamps; Stazon jet black ink; Creative Memories circle cutters; Ranger white opal liquid pearls.
Thanks for looking.

No comments: