Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"at your age ..."

Well I hope everyone had a lovely christmas and didn't eat too much!  For me I was very good when it came to food - I tend to over eat at christmas (love christmas pudding!) but this time I only had one serving of dinner and dessert!
Stayed away from the craft room the past few days and enjoyed the warmth of the sun (not too hot lately) and wallowed in the garden - with all the rain we have had this year (after nearly a decade of drought) the trees and shrubs are growing like crazy and we can't keep up with the prunning and trimming so I have been helping Neil trying to catch up - very happy to have a neat trimmed garden rather than a jungle :)
This afternoon I made a card following the challenge from CAS-ual Fridays - kraft and twine, followed the sketch from Mojo Mondays #221 and also submitting it for the challenges over at Wee Memories - anything goes and Top Tip Tuesdays - anything goes.

this week at CAS-ual Fridays they are teaming up with Market Street Stamps who provided a free digital stamp (I don't have any Market Street Stamps) so I used the image of the coffee mug as my inspiration and came up with the quote 'at your age drinking too much coffee can cause a latte problems' :)
materials - Bazzill kraft and apricot cardstock, AC cricket cardstock; Jillibean Soup 'watermelon gazpacho' papers; Market Street Stamps 'coffee mug' digital stamp, MFT 'mini banner day alphabet'; Stazon timber brown ink; Crayola colouring pencils; twinery twine; Spellbinders petite scalloped circles large, Creative Memories circle cutter; ribbon.
Thanks for looking.

10 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I think it's a super card. I really like the quote - perfect for a mug of coffee!! Great colours too.

Dolly Daydreams said...

What a lovely card with beautiful stamping and such a perfect layout.

Marie

Maggie's Crafts said...

Simply beautiful!

Thank you for joining Anything Goes challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!

Happy New Year!

Maggie
x

Anonymous said...

such a cute card! Such an awesome sentiment :)

Micia

Michele Gross said...

This is just adorable! I love what you've done with the free digi and the colors are simply delightful :) Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays and Market Street Stamps!

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Ooohh, this is Cool!! I love it!!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

So cute love it!!!!!

Amy Kolling said...

I love how you've highlighted the words from the sentiment! Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with Wee Memories and the Market Street Stamps Block Party!

Caroljenks said...

This is gorgeous - I love the Kraft & Orange - what a fab combination. Great sentiment too :)

Thanks for joining us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge. Don't forget if you have a Top Tip to share with us you could also win the Top Tippers Prize!

Carol x

Karen B. said...

What a super cute saying!! Great card too. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!