Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Enjoy the Journey

Hi there bloggers
After cardmaking my next hobby is cycling and both my partner and I are mad on anything associated with bikes.  We both have noticed that alot of cardmaking brands have bikes (yes even he noticed!) and I love that so as soon as I saw the Spellbinders 'sprightly sprockets' I had to have them as they look remarkably like clusters (gear cogs) on a bike!  They are perfect for masculine cards and so I made a card using them and following the sketch from Card Positioning Systems #248

and a close up - I cut the sprockets out of light chipboard and heat embossed them with copper embossing powder.  I love the way they turned out!
 
materials - Core 'dinations wheat and brownie cardstock; Piggytales 'billy goats gruff' papers; Practicing Creativity 'whole cycle' stamps; Colorbox chestnut roan chalk; Versa Color turquoise and brown ink; Spellbinders 'sprightly sprockets'; copper embossing powder; heat tool.
thanks for looking.