Thursday, January 05, 2012

Happy 'bowls'day

One thing I love about cardmaking is when you make a card for a person and it is 'orientated' towards them - like this card below ... I won a voucher to Stitchy Bear digital stamps shop and ended up coming across this stamp - 'stylish bowler' - now I know it is orientated more towards a tenpin bowler but as soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect as a 'lawn bowler'.  Lawn bowling is very popular in NZ and Australia and both my eldest sister and my mother in law love playing the game so I really enjoyed making this birthday card for my eldest sister using the very bright colours from Jillibean Soup! ... and I know the first thing she will say - "my nose is not that big!" 

I sort of made a '1st place ribbon' out of a circle die and pleated ribbon and partially hid this behind the bowler ...
 
I have followed the sketch from Mojo Monday #222, made it a birthday card for the 'celebration' challenge over at Kaboodle Doodles and have used a new digital stamp for something new over at Party Time Tuesday and also for the new theme at Wee Memories.
materials - Core 'dinations klondike blue, Bazzill apricot; Jillibean Soup 'watermelon gazpacho' papers; Stitchy Bear 'stylish bowler' digital stamp, MFT mini banner day alphabet; Stazon azure ink; Crayola colouring pencils; AC prancer chipboard stickers; Kaisercraft rhinestones; Provocraft circle dies; ribbon
Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!! so cute!

Thanks for playing with us at Party time tuesdays this week!

Holly
PTT DT

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun card. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!