Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 8 CPS - monster birthday

And my last card for the night - I really enjoyed making this card from sketch #102 from Card Positionings Systems 5th Anniversary Celebrations.

Again a very CAS style card and it worked well with the sketch ...
 
I think this is an ideal card for a girl :)  The original stamp is a boy monster but I cut away the crown and inserted a bow and gave here toenail polish to girly her up a bit ... unfortunately this is not my idea - I have borrowed it from the very talented Sue Kohler - thanks Sue :)
I am also entering this as my 2nd card for this weeks challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays - paper piecing.
materials - Bazzill apricot and parakeet cardstock; AC vanilla cardstock; Jillibean Soup 'apple cheddar soup' papers; AnnaBelle Stamps 'lil monsters' balloon' and 'christmas baubles' stamp sets, Sassafras Lass 'stitched borders; stamps; StazOn timber brown ink, Versa Color lime ink; Fiskars round the bend punch; MFT bracket tab die; Kaisercraft rhinestones; Marvy pens - blender 0, orche 13, pale orange 16, dark brown 18.

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such a cute girly monster!
Hugs
Desire

Michele Gross said...

Really stinkin' cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lori Craig said...

Super cute design, Janet! Love the image and the extra bling. Great take on the CPS Sketch. Thanks for playing our anniversary challenges!

Karen B. said...

Oh what an adorable card! Your color choices are great! Thanks for joining use at CAS-ual Fridays!