Friday, February 03, 2012

I.O.U

I finished of this card for my nephew this morning after the decision to celebrate his 20th birthday this Sunday a little earlier than his actual birthday (14th Feb - Valentines baby!).  The joke amongst the family is that he and his sister, as they got older and worked to get their own money, they never use to have enough money to buy their parents presents for their birthdays so they use to give them I.O.Us' :)  I remember joking with them one time that I might give them an I.O.U for their birthday to teach them a lesson ... or better still their parents may give them one :)  So I thought this card was very appropriate for my nephew ... off course I will put a little something in it later but I will let him sweat for a bit!

The letters I,O & U are cut away from the edge of a brown card and then mounted on the card to stand above the fold crease.
 
I am submitting this card for the 'recycle' challenge over at Cupcake Crafts this week - I have used buttons as my recycle element.  This is quite a good challenge for me as I am in NZ at the moment visiting the family and have very limited crafts supplies with me and I had to ask my mother if she had any spare buttons lying around to use as embellishments for this card!
materials - AC cardstock; Jillibean Soup 'christmas eve chowder' papers; Grant Archival 'birthday phrases' stamp; Versa Color magenta ink; Everlasting Keepsakes chipboard letters as templates; Twinery cappacino twine; Ranger liquid pearls; buttons
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Faye said...

Wow, this is fantastic, so many gorgeous details to look at. Thanks so much for joining our Recycle Challenge at Cupcake this week. x