Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A little something just for you

Just after Easter we are heading off on the pushbikes again and I am suppose to be getting things which are my responsibility for this trip ready but I snuck into the craftroom this afternoon when I should have been sorting out my clothes that I am to take on our cycle ride! ... considering I am very limited as to what I can take I didn't think it would take long to pack away 2 cycle knicks, 4 t-shirts, 2 shorts, vest, 2 thermals, 1 pair of socks, 1 pair of leggings, 4 underwear and 2 bras ... all this for 9 months!  and I was right I managed to finish the card and it took me 10 mins to pack all the above away!
I made this card following the sketch from Mojo Mondays - but I combined both the square and circle card sketches!  I also made it for Kaboodle Doodles - circles and squares and AnnaBelle Stamps blog - twine - although I wasn't very creative with the twine :( ... all I did was put it around the edge of the circle and around the card!

a close up of the twine
 
materials - White cardstock, Core 'dinations aquarium; MME Stella & Rose gertie papers; StazOn jet black ink, Versa Color bamboo ink; Crayola colouring pencils; Spellbinders standard circles large; 20mm white organza trim; AnnaBelle stamps green twine; AnnaBelle Stamps 'squared posies' (title) and 'stemmed flowers' stamps; Kaisercraft pearls.
Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous and I love how the ribbon and bow ties everything together.
Hugs
Desire

Kylie said...

This is one gorgeous card, Janet! LOVE that yummy ribbon and the touch of green twine! Gorgeous DP and love your flowers!
Best wishes for your bike ride sounds like an Awesome adventure!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Anonymous said...

Another stunning creation! Love your twine'd window, it's just too much fun!
All the best for your tour, keep safe and you'll be missed around here. Thanks for finding the time to share with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Andrea said...

Love how you've worked with the colours Janet, and love the twine frame!!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration :)
Andrea

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Janet 9months away.......we'll miss you for sure! Have a safe trip I'm looking forward to reading all about it!
As I said over at the Ning House....this is such a lovely card, beautiful colours and those flowers arranged around the twine'd window.....perfect!

Ann said...

Love your design and your eye for color so I had to start following you! Saw your work at Through the Craftroom Door. :)

Sue said...

what an amazing adventure ahead for you Janet! I don't think I could be so limited in my packing, I would take all that just for an overnighter-lol!!
fabulous card, I love how you have used the twine around the cirle, so clever!
Have a safe trip, thanks for joining in the fun at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

Mikki said...

Janet,
I think you have an amazing blog and enjoy your creations and artwork. I have the honor of presenting you with the Liebster blog award!! You can pick it up on my blog at www.mikkiscreativecorner.blogspot.com. Have a wonderful day and week!!!