Tuesday, May 29, 2012

So grateful for you in my life


Howdy everyone, not feeling all that inspired this afternoon so I thought I would do a CAS style card.  I was watching the 'colouring on kraft cardstock' video by Danielle over at AnnaBelle Stamps - Stamp, Embellish, Create and it got my creative juices going :) So following this weeks sketch from AnnaBelle Stamps blog, coupled with Southern Girls 'diecuts and punches' challenge and Splitcoast Stampers CAS172 love challenge and also Kaboodle Doodles 'anything goes' challenge I made the following card ...

 
when it came to assembling the card I used the following sketch -
 
somehow I arranged it like the sketch (in the middle of the card) but somehow it didn't quite seem right so after alot of fiddling I finally settled on having the bulk of it in the bottom right hand corner!
materials - Bazzill Kraft card, AC robins egg cardstock; AnnaBelle Stamps 'squared posies' stamps; Staz On timber brown ink; Crayola pencils; Spellbinders petite scalloped circles large and standard circle large dies; Fiskars round the bend punch; Ranger white opal liquid pearls; Kaisercraft aqua bling; 16mm light aqua satin trim.
Thanks for looking.

9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Apologies for not popping in here for the last few days, I have been presenting two full scrapbooking days at my home studio this past weekend.
Loving this beautiful creation of yours.
Hugs
Desíre
DS4J DT Member
Doing Life

Anonymous said...

Total fabulousness Janet! Love the colour palette and such a great take on the sketch too! (I think I really *need* this set of stamps...)
Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

Andrea said...

Stunning Janet! The colour is so vibrant on the kraft and I love how you shifted the sketch, it works beautifully!
TFS with us this week :)
Andrea

Kylie said...

WOW Janet! Your card is stunning! LOVING your colouring and the way you stamped your sentiment on the ribbon, AWESOME!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Sue said...

this is absolutely amazing Janet! I love the bold and bright colours, you have made the sketch your own, rocking it along the way!
Thanks for sharing your card with us at AnnaBelle's! :)

Marion said...

I love the final result Janet. Those teals on the kraft look amazing. Good luck with the challenge this week.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Rene Sharp said...

Wow, your creation is simply stunning!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Southern Girls. Smiles, Rene' :)

Anonymous said...

You really loaded your blog with quality material. Indeed, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need.

www.n8fan.net