Monday, January 07, 2013

Home is where the heart is ...

One thing I love about cardmaking is making another version of a previous card ... for this step card the original version took me nearly 8 hours to make (... I need to get a life!) but for this one I learnt my lesson and did far less fussy cutting (ie. got myself a 'grass' die!) and omitted people from it just so it didn't take me so long ... this one took me only 2 hours to make!

and a side view ...

I enjoy making step cards and this is perfect for the anything goes challenges at The Pink Elephant, Through The Craftroom Door and Crafty Catz and also for the 'new' theme challenge at Cute Card Thursday.
materials - AC spinach and white cardstock, Bazzill Whirlpool cardstock, smooth green cardstock; Echo Park 'so happy together', Jillibean Soup 'apple cheddar' papers; MFT woodgrain fence, flat bottom clouds dies, CC Designs 'grass' die; Paper Smooches 'spring groves', Maya Road 'home is where the heart is' and MFT mini banner day alphabet stamps; Versa Color black and turquoise inks, Brilliance red ink; Kaisercraft flowers and pearls; Acetate.
Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

LORi said...

What an awesomely sweet card!! Thanks for sharing with TPE. You placed this in the Scrapbook Challenge, so in order to be eligible for the win please hop over and link it in to the card challenge! Thanks so much! Hugs - LORi

Darlene Lyons said...

What a great scene! Love all the details, thanks for sharing it with us at TTCRD!

Aunty Sue said...

Oh this is fab and thank you for sharing with us at crafty Catz but sadly we can not include it in our draw as the rule is 1entry per challenge but we are pleased you are enjoying the challenge and hope you will come back next week and good luck with your other entry.