Monday, January 28, 2013

Lets splash around

Hi all,  today started out as a terrible day in the craft room with the end result being a card that was just totally wrong! so in the recycle bin it went.  However I restarted after a break and came up with this card for The Alley Way Stamps 'be inspired' challenge ...

Inspired by the colour combo of red, pink and white I used the flamingo from the Tropic Topic set, stamped them on velum and turned one over so they face each other and coloured the images with Prismacolor pencils ...

when colouring on vellum I find the finish is nicer when you colour on the back side of the image ... here is a closer look ...
I have made this into a valentines card for the challenge over at CRAFT
materials used - Bazzill piglet, C'D dutchess cardstock; smooth white pearlescent paper; vellum; Cosmo Cricket 'tea for 2' papers; The Alley Way Stamps 'tropic topic' stamp set; Staz On jet black ink; Prismacolor pencils; Sizzix tipsy heart dies; Couture Creations 'tied together' embossing folder.
Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Kim S said...

What a great card - I love your use of vellum to make them face each other!! So glad to see you at The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired Challenge.

*Alison* said...

WOW! I love this technique.. I have never tried it.. I just might have to now.. love the effect.. I love how you used the inspirational photo.. thanks for joining with us for The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired Challenge #20, can't wait to see what you make for 21 :) . hugs
-Ali