Wednesday, January 09, 2013

The Stamp Spot DT post - If friends were...

Hi all, recently I have discovered a sure way to have my stamps aligning correctly when they have matching dies.  The Stamp Spot recently had a great stamp sale and in the CC Designs category there are the stamp sets 'umbrella logos' and 'watering can logos' and both had their respective dies to go with it ... so me who can't resist a bargain went ahead and bought them ... well for those that know CC Designs they are rubber mounted and after a few attempts at aligning the stamp and die together via a  stamp positioner and failing miserably ... I proceeded to look on the internet and couldn't really find a solution. 
Dismayed but determined to come up with a solution it just hit me to use the equivalent of a stamping mask ... instead I termed it a 'die frame' ... after the first attempt there was a rather LOUD woo hoo coming from the craft room and the only person I could share my joy with was poor Neil :)
So I set about to make a photo tutorial to show you the way to stamp and diecut successfully ... now I am not sure if this is the way that everyone uses ... if so, then I am very slow in the uptake LOL!
Here is my card using the CC Designs watering can logos and die ...

If you would like to know how I used the watering can stamp and die together then just click HERE ... it will take you to my post where there is a short photo tutorial.
materials used - smooth black and white cardstock, C'D kiwi, AC spinach; CC Designs watering can logos; Color Palette summer blue, Versa Color pacific, black, Staz On jet black, Versa magic night sky inks; CC Designs watering can and grass border dies; Crayola pencils; Tombow grey N75, Marvy leaf green 48 pens; Kaisercraft pearls
Thanks for looking.

No comments: